return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: troy & orangheterodon

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Hognose Snakes ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: geckoejon at Thu Feb 13 04:55:20 2014  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by geckoejon ]  

i have a copy of the the letter sent to dale from angela williams of the florida fish and wildlife agency stating that florida no longer does i also spoke to her and about 5 other fwc agents on the phone.

that is old and outdated information my friend. people are stating info for how it used to be. feel free to file for an educational permit now and see what kind of response you get. it will be denied...

here is a quote from angela william's of the fwc letter...

"The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) Division of Habitat and Species Conservation, Species Conservation Planning Section has reviewed your application dated 11/28/2012 requesting authorization to possess an Eastern indigo snake under a Scientific Collecting permit. Your application requests authorization to take or incidentally take species that are protected by the USFWS Endangered Species Act (ESA). Previous rules required both a state permit as well as a federal permit for ESA species occurring in Florida. According to newly revised Rule 68A- 27, Florida Administrative Code (F.A.C.), effective November 8, 2010, “… take of Federally designated Endangered and Threatened Species not require a permit from the Commission when authorized by …” Hence, you are no longer required to obtain a state permit from this office for any of the targeted ESA species. "

end point... some people are so afraid of what could be that they decide to never exercise there rights. many will also state hearsay. that is why i did my own research and found facts

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Hide Replies ]

>> Next topic:  Hognose Problem (possibly) - imjustheather, Sat Feb 8 21:17:13 2014
<< Previous topic:  Friend having an Eastern Issue - OrangeHeterodon, Wed Feb 5 08:46:31 2014