return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Polar Rodents - US based provider of frozen rats and mice.
pool banner - $50 year

Norma Jean

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Pine/Bull/Gopher Snakes ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: Poomwah at Tue Feb 25 18:02:04 2014  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Poomwah ]  

As a few of you know, a long time back, we bought a beautiful yellow bull from Jason Nelson. Jason, being the great guy that he is, took care of her for us until the weather was warm enough for shipping. If you are reading this Jason, thank you for being so patient. Right after we bough her, we got hit with weeks of sub-zero weather, then weeks of near zero weather. We have more sub-zero weather coming in. We were going nuts. Jason sent us more pictures of her while we were waiting.
It took over a month for us to have a safe window for shipping. But she's HOME!!! She looked so beautiful in the pictures Jason sent us. But they were nothing compared to how great she looks in person.
She was surprisingly peaceful during the unboxing, alert, active, curious, but didn't seem nervous at all. Didn't want to bother her with the camera, so we snapped one quick pic on the way to her enclosure.
She looks like she's trying to hide in this pic, but it was taken while she was "crawling under herself" lol

We don't see her very much anymore, she's settling in, I'm giving her a week to adjust before I start working with her, but she's already living up to the bull snake reputation. The few times we have seen her, we see this

I'm looking forward to working with her and seeing how she turns out.
I only wish my camera could take a better picture that really showed how beautiful she is.
Thanks again Jason, I can't tell you enough how much we appreciate it.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Norma Jean - Poomwah, Tue Feb 25 18:03:17 2014
>> Next Message:  RE: Norma Jean - reako45, Fri Feb 28 06:25:02 2014