return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Can a virus save Frogs from fungal disease? . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: How much to feed a 4 year old cyclura?

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cyclura & Ctenosaura ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: evianjanvier at Wed Mar 19 21:45:56 2014  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by evianjanvier ]  

As long as the diet is well balanced I don't see anything wrong with letting a cyclura iguana eat as much as they want. If it was a monitor or some meat eater that would be a different story. My female lewisi has been eating massive amounts of food since she laid eggs and I give her a ton of food. She will slow down after the summer so I will cut back on her portions just so it does't go to waste but I let her dictate how much she wants to eat when it comes to her regular greens and veggies. I only monitor her fruit intake because that could do harm if abused. I use to have a rhino iguana that respond to his veggies the same way a crazed meat eating monitor would. Sometimes I took advantage of his big appetite during those times of year and fed him twice a day. I personally have never seen a fat cyclura but anything is possible with the wrong diet and no exercise.....lol

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Hide Replies ]

>> Next topic:  jamaican iguana update - jf, Tue Apr 22 16:26:31 2014
<< Previous topic:  Is she a lewisi/caymenesis hybrid?? - JennBlank, Tue Mar 4 13:25:33 2014