return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: The value of forums

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Kingsnake Forum ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: FR at Wed Apr 30 11:02:54 2014  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by FR ]  

While your and TB's advice of leaving them alone for a while is Recipe and good advice for folks you do not know. The value of this forum is, we Know Snakekate and she has feelings and is curious and cares. So why would we/I treat her in a "recipe" sort of way. Recipe=information anybody, including dumb as a stone folks can follow)
Young animals like people are empty containers when born/hatched. They are designed and ready to LEARN. So why would you not interact with them when they are at there strongest ability to learn. Simply put, a hatchling snake enters the world and learns its environment. As it ages it learns less and less, then becomes set in its environment. You want to be part of that environment. Not an interloper to what's normal to it.
I mentioned common sense in my reply to SK, but I did not mention that If your in interactions negatively effect the animal, then adjust your interactions, get better at it, not avoid it. Again, I am not being mean, but when you tell SK to not touch her animals for X period of time, it can be taken as, you do not think shes smart enough to learn. Personally, shes has all the tools to become really good with kingsnakes. It starts In her head. Shes wants to be. Think about this, the best bond you can do is have a hatchling have its first meals, in your hand. Doing that will leave a inprint that your hand provides a place of nourishment. And please do not say, it will want to eat your hand. Cause I am pretty sure that wild snakes do not eat the nest the baby mice are found in. If they attempt to eat your hand, its because you taught them too. pt1

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: The value of forums - FR, Wed Apr 30 11:16:22 2014
>> Next Message:  RE: The value of forums - AaronBayer, Wed Apr 30 11:46:15 2014

<< Previous Message:  RE: Scared new baby king - AaronBayer, Wed Apr 30 09:47:10 2014