return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
click here for Rodent Pro  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Tinley Reflections: An open letter from Mom . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: invasive kings

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Kingsnake Forum ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: FR at Wed May 7 18:20:48 2014  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by FR ]  

I never did that, I have no problem finding all the snakes I wanted. But, hahahahahahaha I do have a stories. A wellknown American herp breeder. Did indeed offer a fella in San Luis De potosi, a bride to catch snakes. This fella owned a hotel. This well known herper sent him all manner of clothes and such and told him to keep these certain kind of kingsnakes. Well I stayed at that hotel one night and met that fella. We had been collecting to the north and I found several Thayeri, including the first Black thayeri. The hotel guy asked if he could see the snakes, so I showed them to him. We also had some Qkings. The hotel fella said his cousin owned a ranch in the mountains and there were lots of those snakes there, EXACTLY like the black one, only with yellow stripes down the top. hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha gardersnakes was my guess. So he was going to collect a bunch ahd have this N.A. herper come and get them. Sorry I am just tooooooo nice, I had to tell him they were not the same and were gardersnakes. I could picture someones face when he went all the way there to see a box of garders.
Lastly the locals did not see montane kings much. Even when they lived in the exact areas. I was on a trip with Bill Garska(permits included) when we took pics to show the locals. One Indian we found walking down this old dirt road said he had seem them. I said, how many, he said 3. I asked how long, he said, his whole life. Another story, we were hunting at the mouth of a canyon when I hear a car crashing down the road, it quickly stopped by us, a new Chev Blazer. The man asked what we were doing, so we told him. He gave us a look & said, OH you mean, culbre de pinta(painted snake) then said, not here, and pointed, they are over there. I almost crapped my pants from laughing. perfect name for thayeri.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: invasive kings - Bluerosy, Wed May 7 21:52:37 2014

<< Previous Message:  RE: invasive kings - Bluerosy, Wed May 7 16:53:04 2014