return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Polar Rodents - US based provider of frozen rats and mice.
pool banner - $50 year

RE: One up

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Box Turtles ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: vichris at Mon May 12 00:04:14 2014  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by vichris ]  

>>Well I thought for sure nothing could survive the winter we had, but after a good thunderstorm today I looked out an was amazed to see one of my eastern females sitting in the sun on top of the compost mound. If one survived maybe more did hopefully.
>>I put a night crawler in front of her and she immediately ate it.
>>-----
>>Jeff Benfer
>>gartersnakemorph.com

Hey glad to hear the good news Jeff. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you that all of your boxies made it. Nice looking setup you have there Jeff.

All nine of my adults and the two juvies that wintered over are now up and eating. I have two babies from last year and only one baby from this year in the house being cared for.

BTW I thought maybe this whole forum completely died off. Glad to see some others posting. I'll try check in here at least once a week and post something too.

-----
Vichris
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane"- Marcus Aurelius

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Hide Replies ]

• One up - boxienuts, Sun May 11 17:23:21 2014
    • RE: Pics - boxienuts, Sun May 11 18:00:20 2014 image in post
    • You Are HereRE: One up - vichris, Mon May 12 00:04:14 2014
      • RE: One up - boxienuts, Fri May 16 09:26:05 2014
    • RE: One up - nyctimd, Sun May 18 17:53:23 2014

>> Next topic:  3 toed with shell damage from car...help - mcompton1973, Sun Jun 1 18:38:05 2014
<< Previous topic:  7Up - vichris, Wed Apr 2 23:02:20 2014