return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: FR's Mexican Kingsnake post

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Kingsnake Forum ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: FR at Mon Jun 2 09:41:39 2014  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by FR ]  

First, your not suppose to get me. Your suppose to attempt to get how the snakes work, or at least try.
If you do not grasp the subject, at least try. Like looking up the word. To intergrade
in·te·grate verb ˈin-tə-ˌgrāt

: to combine (two or more things) to form or create something

: to make (something) a part of another larger thing

: to make (a person or group) part of a larger group or organization

The use of the word, "intergrade" is often used wrongly. As I mentioned, it suggests the bringing together of two types. Which is not whats occurring, Whats happening is ONE TYPE, expressing many patterns. The kings in area, express colors and patterns of not one, or two, but even more types of kings, and without geneflow to any of those types. Hence, no intergration. For instance, in one spot, you can find black kings, splendida and banded kings. Even Chainking patterns are expressed. Yet, that population does not currently overlap any of the above kings.
You may want to look up genotype and phenotype. I guess it depends on if you want to understand snakes by reading, or by the actual snakes. The books are suppose to be the best understanding we have, but are never all or everything about any snake.
About authors, including Brian Hubbs, while a great friend. Hes attempting to gather information over the entire U.S. and with many many kinds of kings. I on the otherhand, specialize is small areas of kings and have done so, since before Brian was born. I met Brian when he was on his first trip to Az. He was a kid. No offense, but he doesn't investigate populations or kings, He samples them. He goes to collect other folks favorite sites all across the country. Reliable places where you can go at X time and find a king. He has not hunted So. Az. other then passing thru. You really should ask him. end part 1

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: about popular books - FR, Mon Jun 2 09:56:44 2014

<< Previous Message:  RE: FR's Mexican Kingsnake post - JoeBudro, Mon Jun 2 01:12:53 2014