return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

Rookie of the Year 2 years running

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Milk Snake Forum ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: mikefedzen at Sat Jun 14 17:47:01 2014  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by mikefedzen ]  

This is a 2009 adult female mexican milk snake, got her from Mitchell Mulks in 2011 I'm pretty sure. She always had a good appetite but never grew much, just a very friendly little snake that is somehow an adult female. I have females hatched in 2012 that are the same size as her and bigger. In 2012 I tried to pair her up with a het albino mexican milk, saw them locked up but she never laid. Then at the end of 2012 I forgot to put her in brumation (I put my snakes in my attic where the temp for them is 45-50 degrees for a few months), and didn't realize this until Spring, she was curled up in her water bowl perfectly fine, who knows how long she went without water.

In 2013 I put my albino male mexican milk in with her and always saw her fight him off, but I kept him with her for a week or two anyway. She never plumped up, never looked gravid, never went off-feed, one day I pull her drawer out and she is wrapped around a clutch of eggs, out in the open. They were pretty shriveled up and only have this crappy camera phone pic of it.

2 of the eggs bounced back and ended up hatching, nearly 100 days later! Both female.

This year after my male albino bred to a spotted I just put this normal female in his cage, and let them live together for the season. They coexist pretty well, usually cuddled together under the hidebox, when feeding time comes I put 7-8 f/t pinky rats in there and both come out and eat then go back to hiding. Left them together for a month or so and then put the albino male in with a different female, the normal female continued to feed on her pinky rats every week. Yesterday I noticed her shed skin wrapped around the hidebox, lifted it up to check her out and she has eggs next to her! This snake is a champ, excellent genes in her, can't wait to see what her babies end up producing, both of those are such solid mexican milks as well.
-----
www.albinomilksnake.com

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Rookie of the Year 2 years running - reako45, Sat Jun 14 18:29:16 2014