return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Healthy Herp
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Thanks, Frank

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Hognose Snakes ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: FR at Wed Jul 9 13:10:57 2014  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by FR ]  

Thank you for making me laugh. I love your enthusiasm.
A couple things to think about. Those snakes love where they are at and do not want to be taken away from all they know.
So saying you think everyone should go out. That scares me. I fear for the snakes.
Sadly, humans are not very caring or considerate. So many folks from states like Cal. and its not restricted to Cal. Take these snakes for the sake of taking. Most have no interest in the snake. They are trinkets of a trip. You know, like the stuff you can buy at the THING. That place by texas canyon.
Others just take because the snake is in front of them. And tomorrow it will not be. Even others attempt to pay gas or something by taking as many as they can.
I mention this, because, its bad enough I post what I post, but to offer the hows, whens and whys, over a public forum would be very inconsiderate of me. If I meet you in the field, that's another story. Also, one day about the time you were here, I found five neonates run over by out of state collectors. I took pics of that. Anyway, keep the passion and maybe we will meet.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Thanks, Frank - reako45, Wed Jul 9 16:11:19 2014

<< Previous Message:  RE: Thanks, Frank - reako45, Wed Jul 9 11:34:47 2014