return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Colubrids . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - May 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - May 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Tucson Herpetological Society Meeting - May 27, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - June 01, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - June 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

Cages I used so far. For Nasicus

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Hognose Snakes ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: FR at Sun Oct 26 09:23:23 2014  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by FR ]  

Nasicus, I understand your problem, you cannot count past one, and have no memory of anything explained to you.
I kept the kennerlyi axanthics in vision cages, and tested temp selection. As the first two pics show. I then tested deep substrate, and the next two show.
I also use rack cages to see how they work.
I also used glass tanks.
I use those types to attempt to learn about what hognose like and if there is a way to keep them in a handy way that's also good for them. You know, include a roomy cage, look good, have choices of temps and deep substrate, including the soil they naturally occur in.

In this cage, they have the upper section, and two individually controlled lower sections. I can keep them rack system like, in a drawer, or let them choose any of the three sections they want. I can keep a pair or trio, together or separately. For example, I can winter them in three different sets of conditions.
This cage is now finished and I am starting the next one, that one will be the same, except the upper part will be exactly like their natural habitat.
I explained all along, that I would be testing all sorts of cages and materials, and still raise and breed these wonderful animals. Again, your apparently not smart enough to understand, The effects of, time/learning/progress, on husbandry. When doing this its about creating a learning curve. Once you establish the ability to learn, then its up to the keeper to actually learn. And learn over time.
You apparently are what I call a recipe keeper. That is, you are two things. One, you go by what others tell you(care sheet mentality) and academic, that is, you and others theorize what they need and give them that, and your done. If anything is not right, its the animals fault. Academic meaning aside from. That is, your theories are based on you and not the animals. pt1

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Lets throw down the gauntlet.pt2 - FR, Sun Oct 26 09:42:04 2014