return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Healthy Herp
pool banner - $50 year

Greg or ?

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Hognose Snakes ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: Jonrice at Tue Apr 7 00:39:35 2015  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Jonrice ]  

Ok so I introduced males with females and saw immediate jerking of the females and the males were being super active crusing on the females backs and so on as you would expect from courting. My room temps are 83 constant with a hot spot of 93. I dropped the room temp after introduction to 79-80 and the hot spot down to 90. My light cycle was 16 on and 8 off and I cut that back to 14.5 on and 9.5 off and am going to cut that back to 12/12 over the next week. What problems do you think I could run into and what benefits could be gained from this and what do you think I should change. Like I said only my second year and my success rate last year was 25% at best and would like to see better odds. Should I pull the males and go into straight "hibernation" before someone becomes gravid or ? The only reason I did this is because one of my het toffee girls laid 10 infertiles and I didn't want all of them to do this. Much help would be appreciated. Post or call im excited/desperate and in need of some input. 740-616-5936

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Greg or ? - FR, Tue Apr 7 08:11:56 2015