return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Water Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Desert Iguana . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - May 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - May 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

Just adopted a deaf Double Merle Aussie.

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Dog Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: athos_76 at Sat Nov 19 09:50:32 2011  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by athos_76 ]  

Hey all. I just adopted a young (1-ish) Double Merle Aussie Shepherd that was abandoned with her pups on the side of the road. She seems to be a breeder dog. 2 of her pups didn't make it. One was born with no eyes. Well, my little girl is completely deaf, and has starburst eyes. Her eyesight isn't the best, but she always is looking at me.

My old GSD went deaf after 10 years, but still remembered all of her hand signals.

I have two other girls (Aussie shep mix and a 3 legged GSD/Lab/Greyhound) and they have learned most hand signals... sit, stay, down, come.

The major problem I'm having with Luna is that when we train she has a tendency to be really clingy and has to be in physical contact with you. So, I get her to sit. And step back and she follows with me.

So... anyone have hints and tips for training her....and acclimating her to a home with 2 dogs that have no idea why she won't listen to them?

Also...any one have DIY plans for a remote vibrating dog collar?

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Just adopted a deaf Double Merle Aussie. - PHKeeper, Sun Nov 20 17:04:31 2011
>> Next Message:  RE: Just adopted a deaf Double Merle Aussie. - BlakeBloodhound, Sun May 6 01:56:45 2012
>> Next Message:  RE: Just adopted a deaf Double Merle Aussie. - seotrooper1, Tue Sep 25 10:56:05 2012