return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Polar Rodents - US based provider of frozen rats and mice.
pool banner - $50 year

RE: External Wind herbs for allergy

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Dog Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: Trudysmom at Sun Sep 30 18:04:46 2012  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Trudysmom ]  

It is called Jing Tang External Wind. My vet uses this brand. I have seen it online, but I just wondered how safe and effective it is. Trudy has had one per day, not the larger amount called for. I wanted to make sure she did ok with it.

She has been slowly losing hair all over, from scratching. She is a long haired Shih Tzu and this hasn't happened before. Just on a small area maybe, like her neck. No sores. Her skin looks fine, but her legs look red. She is also taking Cholestapure by Pure Encapsulations for inflammation. Holistic vet was wanting me to try that.

Also, Probiotics, Hydroxyzine, Antioxidents. I stopped the antioxidents for now. I am just trying to figure this out.

The holistic vet said she has yeast and allergies. We knew she has had allergies all of her life. We have an allergist and several vets and we have done everything we can to get it all under control.

I have been putting Allerderm Spot On on her back for a few weeks. She is not using fish oil now since she had pancreatitis a couple of months ago.

She has been eating the raw 'chubs' by Natures Variety- Instinct Raw, venison.

I am taking her to her vet again tomorrow. I just want another opinion on things. She actually seems a bit better, but losing hair.. We hope the change in weather will help. We are in TX.

Thank you. Sally
-----
Sally & Trudy

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: External Wind herbs for allergy - PHDrTobin, Tue Oct 2 17:00:49 2012

<< Previous Message:  RE: External Wind herbs for allergy - PHDrTobin, Fri Sep 28 09:19:13 2012