return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Polar Rodents - US based provider of frozen rats and mice.
pool banner - $50 year

Beni's visit to Cornell

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Dog Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: Shboom at Sat May 4 23:38:02 2013  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Shboom ]  

I took Beni to Cornell on Thursday for his eye checkup and once again everything is pretty much status quo. Dr. Kern asked about the Tacrolimus that was introduced after Beni's last visit in February and I told him he has tolerated it very well. The one thing I had noticed was that there wasn't the amount of crusty buildup around his eyes that I would have to clean as in the past. He agreed and said his eyes were looking very good. He did very well on the tear test which is something that hasn't happened much over the years taking him there so in addition to the cyclosporin it seems the tacro is doing what it is supposed to do. During the ensuing conversation Dr Kern mentioned a rather interesting point of information. He said that glaucoma in dogs is much more aggressive than it is with people. As a result glaucoma when referencing dogs is spelled with a capital G and when refering to people it's spelled with a small g. Lastly Beni has had his second glaucoma valve for over 5 years now which Dr Kern said is the longest a dog has gone with having one at Cornell. Along with the fact that Beni was the first dog there to have the laser surgery done in conjunction with the glaucoma valve has him in pretty elite status for glaucoma management.
-----

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Hide Replies ]

>> Next topic:  stopping in for old time sakes..... - harleysmomma, Thu May 16 01:03:18 2013
<< Previous topic:  Shaking...and our vet passed away - brewstersmom, Tue Apr 23 17:29:25 2013