return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Tinley Reflections: An open letter from Mom . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

Progesterone in oil

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Dog Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: majord at Sat Apr 11 14:35:24 2015  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by majord ]  

Hi,
My bitch has missed twice now from matings, both did progesterone tests prior to mating and went on the day as advised, not in house tests.
Just mated again and we got 3 matings. Prior to mating we had an ultrasound to confirm nothing abnormal was going on and also did a vaginal swab, conf strep so have a course of ab's - this was a month prior to season, she came in early.
Was advised by a repro vet to give herpes vacs at the beg pre mating which we've done and then a course of ab's after first mating which we are doing.
While not common there is a concern that she might be dropping her progesterone levels too quickly so will be testing again in 2 weeks time to check and to keep doing that until the scan.
Was advised that progesterone in oil is to give if drops too low.
Now while my vets have this info and amount to give I was wondering what are the side effects of doing this and how common are the side effects.
Each time we know she did ovulate.

Any other info is helpful if you have any aside from the side effects from giving this product.
I really want this litter.
To note first stud dog was older and not sperm tested but had provided a litter once before.
2nd stud dog a lot younger and had his sperm checked and he is fertile, also recently producing a litter.
Tried this dog again for this mating too.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Progesterone in oil - addseo1118, Wed Apr 29 01:35:57 2015