return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Tinley Reflections: An open letter from Mom . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Layne Labs - Natural Diets for Pets & Wildlife
pool banner - $50 year

Baby help

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Small Mammals and other pets ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: squee_jthm at Mon Feb 8 21:30:17 2010  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by squee_jthm ]  

ok for a start sorry this is probably going to be a long post so u guys can get all the info...
i work at a local family owned pet store... we got a hedgehog in a little over 3 weeks ago. she is not our first weve gotten in but the first that has come in pregnant and we of course had no idea she was... and last tuesday(2/2) she had 4 babies.. come that friday she had injured and rejected 2. one we were too late to try and save and the other we tried but he ended up not making it either... soooo come today she had another rejected... throughout the weekend we were battling with her putting it back in the nest while she was sleeping so she wouldnt see us messing with the cage and shed take it back but today was the end of her accepting it back as she pushed it away and ignored him for most of the morning... so we decided to pull him and hand feed him.. so ive been feeding him every two hours we got goats milk to feed him and everything... my biggest concern is over feeding as i know over feeding can be as fatal as under feeding... i know they all eat different ammounts but how much is too much.. we are using pipets to feed that generally suck in about 2 tenths of a cc.. if given the chance the baby would eat most if not all but it seems like an awful lot for his tummy.. so any suggestions as i cant find how much food is too much for hand feedign babies

any help is very much apprecieated

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]