return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Layne Labs - Natural Diets for Pets & Wildlife
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Got new rats!!

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Small Mammals and other pets ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: MsPony at Thu Dec 10 12:08:57 2009  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by MsPony ]  

I didn't know that, our local Petco (barf, horrible store here!!) sells unneutered, but the store I work at (that I have been going to since I was a child) has always sold neutered. I thought neutered was common But what do I know, I have always gone to the same pet store!

You know, that is so true. I know so many older people that get toy dogs then end up giving them away because they trip you, bark, poop all over, etc.

Well, I added a new girl to my "collection". I sold a tailless to a customer, seemed like a great home. They came back a week later with complaints about her and worrying, so we took her in. It was clear NOTHING was wrong, she was probably skittish from their cats, she is a sneezer (no URI) and we couldn't confirm that she was blind because she is great at using her senses. I called them back a week later, told them nothing was wrong and she was either ready to go home or the owner offered them a new rat at no cost (she really liked the tailless.) They didn't want her anymore, she didn't meet their last rats expectations, they just wanted us to take her back.

This whole time I would walk around with her on my shoulder and snuggle her, totally fell in love. It angered me that someone could act like that, but I soon realized that it could be my gain. I started to pitch the idea of taking her to my fiance, and he quickly said he wanted her (before I was even done, lol.)

So 2 days later when my boss came back in, I asked her if I could have her and she said yes =)

We do think she is blind, but she is very good about using her senses and takes deliberate steps rather then jumping around haphazardly like my other goons. She fits right in, despite having no tail (Winnie couldn't get over that one), and being half the size of the others. She is a total cuddler, doesn't like exploring as much as the others.

You snooze, you loose, my treasure =)
-----
1 bearded dragon (m)
2 leopard geckos(f&m)
1 california tree frog(m)
1 california tarantula(?)
2 rosy boas (mid baja and mexican)(m&m)

2 hooded rats(f&m)

1 thoroughbred(m)
1 breeding stock paint(f)

1 fiance(that is just as crazy to support my animals!)

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  RE: Got new rats!! - PHLdyPayne, Sun Nov 29 15:16:14 2009