return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Layne Labs - Natural Diets for Pets & Wildlife
pool banner - $50 year

Rising Death Toll...

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Fish, Coral, & Aquariums ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: icedearthgoddess at Fri Apr 15 13:51:21 2011  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by icedearthgoddess ]  

Hey everyone... So I am having an issue with my 29 gallon tank. It has been set up for over 8 months now, and has quiet a few live plants in it: 3 Anubis, 6 Java Fern, 2 Amazon Sword, 1 Pennywort, 1 Moss Ball, and 1 Crypt. The tank is equipped with an AquaClear 50, temps on two thermometers read 77.7 and 78.7. Ammonia-0, Nitrate-5, Nitrite-0, Alkalinity-40-60, and pH-7.0-7.2. Maintenance is easy on this due to the all the plants, the size of the water changes is based on Nitrate levels, the level has never been above 10 in this tank. The changes are usually minimal, 25-35%. Beneficial bacteria is added after any fish are added, after water changes and bi-weekly to main the biofilter. I am having a problem with my Dwarf Neon Rainbows. I had a school of 5 and they were dying one by one over the last week. The last two I found this morning. I also lost a small angelfish previously to them dying. I am not sure what the cause is... I have two other angels doing beautifully, growing and eating like champs, 8 neon tetras also doing very splendidly. In addition to them, I have one Rosaline shark (I know he should have a school, but he was the only healthy one they had at the time, and he has a friend waiting on him to get get bigger to move to the 100gal.) 3 L/F Red Minor Tetra and two Redhead Eartheaters. The Eartheaters will also be moving to the 55 when they out grow the 29 and then to the 100 gal when they out grow the 55. there are 3 cory cats and about 8-10 ghost shrimp. I am not a novice at the hobby... still have some stuff to learn, but have had tanks for a few years now, and all of them doing well. Please help if anyone has any ideas... Also the Rainbows were the first to go into the tank.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Rising Death Toll... - phishie, Mon Apr 18 14:33:43 2011