return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Bonding?

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Bird Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: Kaseys412 at Mon Nov 10 15:48:54 2008  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Kaseys412 ]  

Well.. it was a busy week for me!! I drove an hour and ten minutes to the Lollipop Farm for them to tell me all their tiels had been adopted but there was one for adoption at another one of their locations a half hour away.. so I drove to THAT shelter and there was one boy left, ten years old.. an extremely sweet bird but terrified of hands, whoever dropped him off didn't fill out any paperwork, they just said they were allergic and he was ten years old (give me a break right...) and left him there. He was at the shelter almost three months, so they had done his quarantine, and had him looked over by a vet and had his testing done.. anyway me being the savior of unwanted animals fell in love immediately and said certainly I'll adopt him! This poor bird was SO scared.. I got him home and put him in the new big cage that I bought, in the same room as my bird, and as soon as they saw each other they were both stuck to the sides of the cage singing back and forth and going crazy! Soo.. I decided to let them meet by letting my bird climb around on the outside of the new cage, well they were both clinging to the cage with their chests touching singing away, it was so weet, like they had both been waiting years for a friend! Since the cage was new and neither one had claimed it as territory yet I decided to let my bird in and see how they were with each other, and they haven't been seperated since. Chick Pea (the new bird) is still way too scared to try to come out of the cage, not to mention the poor boy's wings are hacked.. but if I am on the computer I let my bird out to play, shred papers etc.. and as soon as my bird leaves the cage Chick Pea screams for him.. then he gets all flustered trying to get back into the cage, they're just too cute. Neither one of them has once been nasty. One snuggles up to the other's chest while they're singing.. it's just so adorable I'm so glad I adopted him! I'll post a picture =)

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Hide Replies ]

• Bonding? - Kaseys412, Wed Nov 5 18:24:14 2008
    • RE: Bonding? - PHIggysbirds, Wed Nov 5 23:32:06 2008
      • RE: Bonding? - Kaseys412, Thu Nov 6 15:09:59 2008
        • You Are HereRE: Bonding? - Kaseys412, Mon Nov 10 15:48:54 2008

>> Next topic:  aggressive male cockatiel - flem, Fri Nov 28 16:37:40 2008
<< Previous topic:  Crop Infection - rtp2308, Sat Sep 20 21:39:30 2008