return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

New here and need help with my grey

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Bird Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: Romeo_Julian at Sun Mar 2 08:42:10 2008  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Romeo_Julian ]  

I am owned by 8 rescued parrots and taming has been a breeze except for my grey named Rocko.He is a mix grey.He has the tail of a congo and the head and beak of a timneh.He is very wild and I have been working with him for 7 months now and not getting anywhere.I want to be able to let him out more then anything.I can give him treats but he snags them from me.I have toweled him(which I hate to do)and taken him into the bathroom and he does real good for a little while as long as I don't touch him and then he goes wild.He used to growel at me all the time and he now doesn't do that anymore.I have tried the perch training,left his door open sitting near him and he won't come out but if I move away from him the chase is on.I am very consistant with everything and it works with my amazons but Rocko is tough.Rocko's sex and age are not known,he doesn't talk at all but sure can whistle(lol) and the lady I got him from was a breeder and had him in a corner by himself with NO toys or even a perch.She had him 2 yrs and never even gave him a name.Anyone with advice other then the normal taming things to do it would really help.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Hide Replies ]

>> Next topic:  New African Grey - blancs, Mon Mar 3 04:16:52 2008
<< Previous topic:  Our bird hates me. kinda long - dmcdonald15, Sat Feb 23 13:54:38 2008