return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

My duck can't walk

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Bird Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: danap at Thu Oct 15 11:03:43 2009  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by danap ]  

Hi I am a first time duck owner. I started out with 2 ducks that my daughter had given to her by her teacher. One duck dided a few days after we got them, so I bought another at the pet store. Durring the summer the other original duck died. The duck walked under my husbands truck and injured it's wing. When we woke up in the morning to check on the ducks we found one dead.

I still have the pet store duck, Diamond, but she either can't walk at all or has a difficult time walking. We made a pen for her to live in and after about a week, her walking seemed to get better with more room to roam. About a week later I came home to find chunks of bricks in her pen as if someone had thrown them in her pen in an attempt to hit her with them. I never found out who did it and she seemed to be having a hard time walking.

As time went on her walking seemed to improve for a short while, but now she can't hardly walk at all. I need some help!!!!! I don't know hardly anything about ducks, so I'm at a loss to know what to do. She seemes to have one leg that is weaker than the other, and walks on her feet and trips her self. Even when she is in the lake swimming around she seems to only use the one leg. I am worried that if I don't figure out how to help her or remedy the situation that she won't make it through the winter. There isn't a vet near me, in fact there is only one in my state that I could find. Pleae help me!

Dana

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: My duck can't walk - MaryNY, Sun Oct 25 13:58:39 2009