return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Milk Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - June 01, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - June 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - June 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - June 08, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - June 09, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - June 15, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - June 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - June 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - July 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - June 22, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Healthy Herp
pool banner - $50 year

why do all the horses treat my liberty the way they do?

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Horses & Farm Animals ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: thezoo at Tue Jul 26 00:45:47 2005  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by thezoo ]  

my question is why do all the horses treat my liberty the way they do?

liberty is a mare she is very quiet and does nothing but walk through the pasture. we were at one barn for 1 year for that year ALL the horses are very nasty to her they mount her bit her she is a walking scare. its not the mares mounting her but the geldings are doing most of the beating. it got to the point that she could not go into the run in out of the weather. when suddenly jennings my gelding started to care for her, he started to protect her keeping all the other horses away from her. puting him self between the horses and her. he then started to get bit from defending her. he would stand in the rain snow heat of summer with her even though he could go into the run in. i seen one gelding let out into pasture and ran right to her, jumped agressavly onto her back bit her and she just ran off as jennings ran to her aid. she will hide between me and the other horses never fights back. she acts like she is not home very withdrawn if she were a person that is what i would call it. right now the only feelings i have for her is concern. i dont know who she is. she seems to have no personality just there. i took ownership of her in jan,2005 but have been at the barn with her for a year and a half. i now have her because her old owner was afraid of her. in feb is when jen started to protect her and most of her bad manners are gone, but my concern is when she is being used as a punching bag. is there anything i can do for her?

i just moved them hoping things would be better the other horses still pick on her and still cant go into the run in. they have only been there for a short time and i hope things change. but now a unhealth relationship is forming between jen and lib. when i seperate jen from lib. jen get very upset, i am sure that is a training question and one i will work on but i cant see the solution to what her herd members are doing to her?

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: why do all the horses treat my liberty the way they do? - ElusiveKimmaby, Thu Jul 28 00:02:14 2005