return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Layne Labs - Natural Diets for Pets & Wildlife
pool banner - $50 year

Senior and Special Diet Foods

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: PhunkyJess2k3 at Wed Jul 9 11:23:35 2003  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by PhunkyJess2k3 ]  

I have 2 wonderful cats that are very different in many ways. The male cat is slightly overweight and about 11 years old. The female cat is the picture of health and only 3 years old. The older cat was having some digestive problems, overeating and then throwing up and some major difficulties when attemping to poop. I thought that Senior cat food may be better for him b/c of his age and maybe it would be easier on his system. I feed the cats a small scoop of dry food in the morning and they have free range to it all day and then they each get a 1/4 of a can of moist food in the evening. At first, I supervised them when I fed the can food b/c I didn't want the young cat eating the Senior food an vice versa. Then they started being good and I left them alone and this went well until about 2 months ago when the older cat started pushing the other cat away from her food so he could try some of that too, but then stood there and wouldn't let her eat any food, not even what he wasn't eating. They don't agree with having a different type of food. So, when I was in the store, I noticed that Friskes has a Special Diet cat food, so I picked some up. They aren't very of the dry food, this morning I noticed both dishes still have plently in them from when I scooped it out yesterday morning. Also, the older cat seems to be having a hard time again with his litter box visits, he was better on the Senior food. Now I don't know which way to go, but I don't think they can handle eating 2 different types of food. Help me please! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Senior and Special Diet Foods - ashnzade, Wed Jul 9 22:35:45 2003
>> Next Message:  RE: Senior and Special Diet Foods - PHWildCat, Thu Jul 10 19:28:59 2003