return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

New home - introducing cats

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: MsMiranda at Fri Sep 29 10:54:53 2006  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by MsMiranda ]  

Hi all! Sorry it's been so long since my last post ... life tends to get in the way sometimes! Both Spooky and Jynx are doing very well though ... but things are going to change in the coming months.

Sorry this is long ...

My boyfriend and I just bought a brand new home - built from the ground up! YAY! It will be ready next July and when we move in we will be introducing 2 cats who currently live in 2 different homes to one another ... we are a little worried about the encounter ... here are the cat profils;

Spooky is a 15 year old female, regular house cat. She currently lives in a house with a rather aggressive Siamese whom she has to be separated from in order to preserve her health and well-being! Due to this Siamese she has become very timid in her old age. She is a sweetheart and one of the most gentle cats I have ever known. She has fairly bad arthritis and she is a little nervous in general (thanks to the Siamese). She is my cat and is very attached to me (we live in the basement together!) She also has a bit of a problem with peeing in the right place (she always has) and unless she is given no other choice than the box she will find somewhere else to go.

Jynx is a 2 year old, female Cornish Rex. She currently lives in a home with 2 other cats (male) and she gets along with them very well. She is very hyper and playful and extremely affectionate. Because she lives at my boyfriends house currently, she is more attached to him then I. Though she is very needy towards me when I'm over and sleeps with me under the covers at night! Recently, a female kitten (4 months old) waas brought to Jynx's home and she did not react pleasantly! It became a weekend of hissing, hissing, growling and more hissing. The kitten didn't care less and only wanted to play, but Jynx was not pleased! Granted, it was only for 2 days, but there was no improvement in her behaviour or any type of acceptance on Jynx's part. She was not aggressive or violent towards the kitten though - just loud!

So, those are the 2 that will be introduced into a brand new house next Spring. We know it's a few months away ... but we want to prepare. We don't want to stress either of them out in any way ... and we want to go about this as intelligently as possible!

The house will be big enough for them to have their own space ... and we will definitely have 2 litter boxes ...

Any and all suggestions/advice will be much appreciated from us both (and the cats!).
Thank-you in advance ...

- MsMiranda ~*^..^*~

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: New home - introducing cats - cyclopsgrl, Fri Sep 29 17:31:04 2006