return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Tinley Reflections: An open letter from Mom . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

raw food and allergies (long)

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: samster at Fri Dec 29 12:54:15 2006  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by samster ]  

Hi everyone. It's been a while since posting on here, and I'm glad to see everyone is doing well. I'm posting this in the holistic vet forum too. I have one cat Topaz that has severe skin allergies (to what I'm unsure) where she completely chews her legs, and belly to where they bleed and scratches her ears and face raw. I've tried antihistimines, topical creams, diet change (but she won't eat any of the food I've tried, she is so little and skinny even eating the food she is on now (Science Diet indoor cat). She improved slightly on Wellness cat food but then decided she wouldnt eat it. Shes had bloodwork and UA, and all was well. She's recently been on Depo-medrol steroid injections ever 8-12 weeks which cures her for the time, but intervals between itching has become about 6 weeks, and I don't want to keep giving them to her since they can cause diabetes. I'm interested in starting raw diet for her (she LOVES raw chicken necks and eats them better than any other food ever) to see if it might help her allergies. I know it helps for food allergies if they are having GI problems, but ahs anyone heard of helping skin allergies? My other cat Gulliver is also very thin and vomits regularly in addition to having Chronic respiratory problems, so I want to try him on it as well. Does anyone here feed raw? what is your experience with it? I've been reading up on it a lot, but if it doesn't help her, I don't know if it's worth investing in. Any help is appreciated.

Also, an update on my newest cat Kengee. She had her ears amputated last spring to get rid of her squamous cell carcinoma and is doign great. no more cancer. no more painful ears, and she is the biggest ham ever. I've never met a more friendly cat. Soon hopefully, she may go start visiting folks in the nursing home by my house! Here's a pic of her

-----
2.3 Wonderful kitties "KIMBA, TOPAZ, KENGEE, GULLIVER AND TANTOR"
0.1 WTF "Pepe"
1.1 Firebelly toads "Bif & Kaboom"
0.0.1 Painted (chubby) frog "Millhouse"
0.1 Normal Cornsnake "Skoda"
1.1 Bettas

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: raw food and allergies (long) - meow2me, Fri Dec 29 20:15:26 2006
>> Next Message:  RE: raw food and allergies (long) - kittyromeo, Sat Dec 30 21:52:41 2006
>> Next Message:  RE: raw food and allergies (long) - JaimeMarie, Sun Dec 31 08:53:36 2006
>> Next Message:  RE: raw food and allergies (long) - samster, Wed Jan 3 14:26:11 2007