return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Polar Rodents - US based provider of frozen rats and mice.
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Should I Keep In House?

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: Rescuekitty1979 at Mon Jan 29 06:18:47 2007  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Rescuekitty1979 ]  

Hey Taylor

Welcome to the boards. I would also echo about the neutering whether indoors or outdoors.for sure.

With regards to declawing I think it's illegal over here in the UK so it's never an option. I have however found a brilliant alternative. If you buy one of those multi level scratch posts (cat trees as they are sometimes called) they are brilliant.

What you need to remember is that if your cat is bigger than a kitten then a small scratch post just wont allure your cat to it. It must be more than tall enough for the cat to fully stretch their entire upper body and to also not move whilst they are doing it. You will be wasting money on buying cheaper small posts believe me. I have 2 that went totally unused until I got my kitten recently and even he is starting to prefer using the bigger multi post cat tree (ours is about 5 foot tall with about 3 posts at the base and various levels).

Oh also to discourage cats scratching say a dining table or chair leg you can but Sticky paws which you attach to places most likely to be scratched. Cats hate to have sticky on their feet so that, with also moving the cat to a post when it tries anything , should see you just fine.

Any other way I can help, please let me know.
-----
Kind Regards
Pepsi and Cola's human Janis
MAX - Earned his wings April 2006 - Sleep tight Pussy Cat

"Like those great sphinxes lounging through eternity in noble attitudes upon the desert sand, they gaze in curiosity at nothing, calm and wise"
Charles Baudelaire

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  Should I Keep In House? - taylorhedrich, Sun Jan 28 13:54:17 2007 *HOT TOPIC*