return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

Old meets new (x2)

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: MsMiranda at Wed Feb 7 15:46:28 2007  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by MsMiranda ]  

Hi all!! Me again ... I know I always wait ages between posts. I swear, life just never slows down!

So, my baby and I will be moving out into the world sooner than we thought. My house isn't ready yet, but my parents are moving and so I have no choice but to pick up my kitty and live elsewhere! Our final destination, chez my boyfriend and his mother ... where 2 other cats already live!

One of the cats is my Cornish Rex, Jynx ... we were hoping her and Spooky wouldn't have to meet until we moved into our new house and introduced the 2 of them there. Now, they will be living together 2 months before they move OUT together and into the new house (sorry this is so confusing!).

Anyways, my baby is 15 years old and getting quite crabby and arthritic and is female. The 2 already in the house are 3 year old Jynx (Rex female) and 4 year old Marcus (regular short hair male).

I want this move to be as pain free as possible for Spooky. She's had enough trauma in her life (living with a bitchy Siamese for 12 years) so I want her to feel at home and comfortable and not like an outcast. She is extremely attached to me, but so is Jynx. Whenever I'm at my boyfriend's house Jynx sticks to me like glue and actually sleeps in the same place Spooky does when I'm there!! I want them to get along, but I know females don't usually get along very well. Also, Spooky has been scarred so badly by the Siamese I'm afraid she'll never accept another cat.

The house is quite large ... 2 story, 4 bedrooms, large downstairs etc. so there is plenty of room for all 3 of them to have their own space ...it's just that Jynx has already "claimed" my boyfriend's bedroom and I don't want Spooky to feel neglected by me or left out because that's my room too and should be her room as well, WITH Jynx ...

Sorry this is was long, I'm just very worried about it all. She's old and I want her to be happy ... I've never done this with cats before so it's all new to me!

Thanks for any and all suggestions guys!!!

- Miranda

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Old meets new (x2) - cyclopsgrl, Wed Feb 7 18:05:26 2007
>> Next Message:  RE: Old meets new (x2) - PHKitkat, Wed Feb 7 18:57:18 2007
>> Next Message:  RE: Old meets new (x2) - kittyromeo, Wed Feb 7 20:09:18 2007