return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Stanley Update (PHKitKat ???)

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: cyclopsgrl at Sun May 20 17:53:49 2007  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by cyclopsgrl ]  

I would not hesitate to use them on my own babies. Most cats do extremely well and have no problems at all. Where I work we use Epogen and we have several patients on this drug at all times...

====

Thanks. I appreciate your feedback -- I was hoping it was a widely used treatment. I feel much better hearing your clinic uses it. I do trust my vet 100% and was planning on going with the drug regardless, but had concerns after really only finding Cornell studies and antibody concerns on the web (expected to see many sites on how well it works with cats with CRF, etc...) It made me believe it might not be widely used since so little was on it on the web... Usually you get a million hits on a subject.

They don't keep the drug at the clinic -- the last she personally priced it was for her sister's cat about 4-5 years ago and it was $100 for 1ml. She thought it dropped in price and ran about $40 for 1ml currently... I am having to special order it thru CVS (pharmacy chain out east). Procit and the E drug (Epogen from your post) run about $60 for 1ml (which is ten .1 doses for Stanley's weight). So, about $6 per shot. For 3 months, he'll get 2 shots a week, then we'll retest and hopefully I can take him down to 1 shot a week. It is great to hear your clinic uses it a lot and has had good results...

I will likely fill this at CVS this first fill, and price it at WalMart and other local pharmacies for the refill... I want to have it on hand the day I return from Texas to start...

I'd like to start him immediately, but since he'll have a cat sitter the last week of this month, won't start until the first week in June. Vet said it was OK to wait...
-----
Tammy
Stanley and Pookey

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  If It's Not One Thing... - cyclopsgrl, Mon May 21 18:29:53 2007

<< Previous Message:  RE: Stanley Update (PHKitKat ???) - PHKitkat, Sun May 20 16:55:50 2007