return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Colubrids . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Lyre Snake . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - May 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - May 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Tucson Herpetological Society Meeting - May 27, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - June 01, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - June 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

No Slip Tape or Just Leave it Alone?

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: LKitsch at Wed May 30 13:50:13 2007  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by LKitsch ]  

I have 3 cats and an indoor pond (with turtles and fish). One of the three cats likes to jump up a short distance onto a five inch ledge that overlooks the pond. I suppose to sightsee and perhaps to dream of fish dinner (the turtles are invulnerable). She will often dip her paw into the water and drink from the pond, but I have never seen her try to catch any fish. She is a bit on the chubby side, I should add. The ledge is nice varnished wood, smooth but not slippery.

I was thinking of laying down that non-slip tape they use on bath tubs as a safety precaution, but hesitate for two reasons---it would look lousy and it may well discourage the cat from sitting on the ledge, which I know she enjoys (you know how fussy cats can be about things like a slightly altered "feel" to a favorite spot).

Worst case scenario is that one day she slips and falls in, gets really pissed off and really wet, climbs out and shakes a little water all over my living room. I am not worried about her drowning because we all know that cats can swim if they have to. And, she could climb out of the pond. My only worry is that she would tear the rubber lining as she climbed out and I'd have a huge pool of leaking water all over my carpet.

What would YOU do?

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: No Slip Tape or Just Leave it Alone? - PHTessie, Wed May 30 16:50:44 2007