return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

I'm not sure what to do over Christmas..

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: emilyjayne at Wed Nov 21 08:47:58 2007  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by emilyjayne ]  

I know this question has been asked a million times, but of course I'm going to ask it again.

We got our cat from a shelter in March. She had a LOT of health and comfort issues, and is in fact just recently starting to calm down. In June, we went out of town for three days, and had somebody from a service come and take care of her for a half hour once a day. When we came back, she was a little crazy. It took her a week or so to relax and realize that we hadn't abandoned her.

Now in December, we're leaving for 8 days!! We had planned to have a friend care for her at his home, but now he has to go away too so that won't work. I want her to get more attention than she had last time we were away, if that would help. Thing is, I don't know if she just is anxious around new people, so maybe it wouldnt' even matter if someone was here for longer? And I figured if we board her somewhere it will just remind her of when she had to be boarded at the vet for a week right after we got her

I'm just so worried because she's just starting to relax with us, crawl into our laps, etc. She's had such a hard time and I just want it to be easy for her! I was thinking maybe a good compromise would be to have someone come twice a day and have them just play with her, make it really interaction-heavy. And we could leave a window or two open because she likes to sit in the windowsill. She's only inside, by the way.

Any thoughts/advice/reassuring words?

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: I'm not sure what to do over Christmas.. - PHKitkat, Fri Nov 23 19:11:46 2007