return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Layne Labs - Natural Diets for Pets & Wildlife
pool banner - $50 year

Her personality changed!!!

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: nymph at Thu Apr 3 11:20:10 2008  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by nymph ]  

Well, at the rescue, she was very sweet, and I could hold her and pet her anywhere. Once I got her home she was fine, for the first 3 hours. Then all of a sudden, I was holding her, and she started doing a mewling thing which they said she does a lot, and I thought nothing of it, till she jumped away and growled at me. Then later, I tried to pet her and she was fine and then once I touched her tail, or legs, or belly she freaked, and hissed and growled and swatted at me with claws out. Now she will let me pet her head or she runs away and growls with her ears back when I try to come near her. Is she just going to need a few days to adjust as the rescue person said?? Is this displaced aggression from being moved around so much? She had a home, but was given up for their health reasons, and now has a home again. Will this subside in a few days, or am I looking at something I may not be suited for since I am starting Nursing Clinicals in the Fall and won't be home as much?? Should I pick her up anyway and ignore her attitude, and the scratches till she calms down, or should I leave her completely alone and wait for her to come to me?? I have never had this experience before so I'm not sure what to do here. Thanks!!

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Her personality changed!!! - cyclopsgrl, Thu Apr 3 17:33:00 2008
>> Next Message:  RE: Her personality changed!!! - PHKitkat, Thu Apr 3 19:41:00 2008

<< Previous Message:  RE: Got a new kitty!!!!! - ttpurr4cat, Thu Apr 3 05:07:28 2008