return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Healthy Herp
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Leash-training update

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: gocatgo at Wed Oct 29 18:07:19 2008  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by gocatgo ]  

Cats are such silly little creatures. I'll never forget when I got a couple of them for my cats. Simba's fit him fine, but Samantha was too fat so I had to order an extension to put on it to allow for her extra fat belly. Then when I put them on the cats, they would fall on their sides like they were carrying the weight of the world on their shoulders. They eventually got used to them though so that Paula and I could take them for walks down the bike trail. I've found that cats don't really walk much, just a few steps, then they stop and investigate whatever is on the ground in front of them.

Another thing that is fun for cats is the cat buggy. We have two of those also and Samantha, who is fat and lazy, loves being pushed down the bike trail in a buggy.

With the walking jacket on Murray, I would suggest just letting him get used to it in the house for a few minutes a day, like you are doing. Eventually he'll get used to it so that you can take him out for some daily exercise. I wouldn't expect him to really "walk" too much, but rather investigate his environment, however he may surprise you and take to 'walking' like Simba did.

Good luck with him and be sure to let us know how it goes with Murray. He sure is a gorgeous boy!

-----
Ruby and the Kitties
Simba, Samantha, Katrina & KatyKatt
Meow!! Meow!! Meow!! Meow!!

How wonderful to do nothing and then rest afterwards. Meow!

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Hide Replies ]

>> Next topic:  Has anybody tried...... - gocatgo, Sat Nov 1 15:06:08 2008
<< Previous topic:  Dental Diet and Royal Canin - purrrplej, Fri Oct 3 13:06:11 2008