return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Earth Day . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

lillies

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: ncat at Tue Feb 24 09:42:57 2009  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by ncat ]  

Last year my beloved 10 mos old kitten dided from acute renal failure of then unknown cause. It was not until months later that I read a article about lilies causing renal failure in cats and realized I was given a lily bulb in February, the kind where it is forced to grow indoors from a kit. Once I read the article I realized that the lily could have caused his death but I will not know. I was given the plant as a b'day gift last year and did mention that I felt the lily caused my cats renal failure. I do not blaim this person and sent her email articles on the toxic effects of lillies on cat since she is a cat owner. She allows her cat outside supervised but also has daylillies outdoors/. This birthday what does she give me but a herbal garden kit from the same manufacturer (S & H ) sold at the T. stores. I don't think I can give names but the T store uses a ed and white circle as a emblem. I did internet research and saw where 2 of the herbs can cause problems with cats like increased blood pressure etc. I returned the plant to the T store needless to say. First I love my friend but cannot believe that she would give me another plant...almost a sick joke. I emailed S & H and told them what happened and recommended that they write a warning on the boxes stating the potential toxicity to cats ( and probably dogs or children). They are just as stupid and responded by telling me to contact T. store about my problem. I just do not get it...they manufactured the lily kit. Any ideas to get this info out to the general public more so they would not experience what I did. Also when Miloh did last May I wrote in Cathobbyists forums alot and sincerely appreciated the responses from the experts.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: lillies - cyclopsgrl, Sat Feb 28 09:28:05 2009