return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Polar Rodents - US based provider of frozen rats and mice.
pool banner - $50 year

Barnabas

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: Spookeegirl at Mon Jun 30 09:34:09 2003  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Spookeegirl ]  

10 years ago, on my way into the supermarket, I stopped to chat with a woman with a box of kittens. Inside the box there were 2 beautiful furry grey persian kittens...and one awkward little white and black kitten with a black spot on the side of his nose. I picked up the little silly looking guy and didnt put him down for the next 10 years. My Barnabas was the angel who kept me going through all of the worst points in my life. He slept in my arms, sucking at my shirt most of the time, and kneaded my chest for comfort. I cant imagine loving anyone or anything more.
Last year my angel kitty developed diabetes. He became insulin dependant, and I had to give him shots twice a day. He endured endless vet visits, as this eventually progressed into inflammatory bowel disease, fatty liver disease, and pancreatitis.
I would call my vet (bless her heart) and cry to her weekly, asking if I was doing the right thing by keeping him alive. She assured me that he wasnt suffering. When she stppoed assuring me of this one day, we both decided it was time.
Putting him down was both the hardest and the easiest decision I have ever had to make. I have been grieving for 2 months, and only now can I put the words down.
I know my angel is watching over me now, as I watched over him. I thank him for the 10 years he shared with me, and for showing me what true, unconditional love is all about.
I love you Barnabas...

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Barnabas - Spookeegirl, Mon Jun 30 09:54:16 2003 image in post
>> Next Message:  RE: Barnabas - PHAbymom, Mon Jun 30 23:29:29 2003