return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Reintroduced Siamese Crocodile exhibits first time nesting . . . . . . . . . .  Can a virus save Frogs from fungal disease? . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Healthy Herp
pool banner - $50 year

the chubbers

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: jtorres at Tue Apr 19 00:44:14 2005  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by jtorres ]  

Four months ago my live in girlfriend surprised me when she brought home a funny looking cat she adopted from the SPCA. We already had one cat, the Calico queen of the house, Poopee. Neither Poopee nor I liked this new addition to our household. He was ugly, annoying, and he stank! This new cat my girlfriend named Chub-Chub could clear a room with his gas. My gf reasoned that he just smelled bad because the SPCA smells bad, so we had to take him to get groomed and cleaned. He came back smelling nice and powdery for one day before he went back to clearing out a room with his funk. I kept thinking that the SPCA must smell much nicer now that Chub was adopted away, so me and Poopee just continued to keep our distance from the new cat. I would tolerate the unwanted arrival, but I secretly hoped my gf would come to her senses and take him back.

Chub never got discouraged despite his unfriendly welcome. For a couple of weeks, he went about his playful ways. Playing with anything and everything in the house and continually trying to get Poopee and I to warm up to him. When he wasn't trying to win us over, you could find him happy as could be to be playing with soda caps. Then he would always purr whenever he came near me and after a awhile, I couldn't resist petting him..then playing with him...talking to him...and falling in love with that damn cat. Poopee soon came around too and they were always chasing each other and playing all hours of the day and night. Even if she pretended not to like him sometimes by hissing at him, we all knew she loved him.

Unexpectedly on Saturday night, I find our dear Chub lying there lifeless on our driveway. I don't know and never can know how he passed. It kills me to think that he died alone hiding under my car wondering why no one was there with him to help him. I should have been there with him, but I wasn't. He was buried that same night and I sat awake crying over the cat I initially hoped would be sent back.

Poopee laid by his burial site for a part of Sunday morning, its obvious she misses her best friend. He was the sweetest, affectionate, and playful cat you could come across. Chub was the cat that could make anyone fall in love with him, even those who weren't happy to have him around at first.

You are missed and forever loved Chubbers.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: the chubbers - PHAbymom, Wed Apr 20 01:07:22 2005 image in post