return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

Good Night, My Sweet "Stormy"

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: BlackHeartNY at Sun Dec 14 01:26:22 2008  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by BlackHeartNY ]  

I care for a colony of free roaming cats. "Stormy" was born on August 16, 2007 in my backyard. I watched his Mama, Peanut, give birth to him and 3 more of his brothers on that day. Stormy and his brothers have been with me ever since. This afternoon, I was in the backyard and right before I decided to go back inside, I heard a loud cry coming from under my patio furniture. I looked to see who it was and there was Stormy - in pain, and yowling loudly. I ran inside and got the pain medication and gave him some after looking him over. I was careful not to touch his leg. It seemed to me to be broken because he was dragging it behind him when he tried to move around. I rushed Stormy to the Vet and found out that it wasn't a broken leg at all. Stormy's heart was enlarged, which caused blood clots in both hind legs and paralyzed him. The Vet told me he had Cardiomyopathy and that there was no cure for my Stormy. I couldn't let him suffer any more pain this night, so I chose to have him euthanized. Once again, my heart is broken. I've lost another wonderful friend and at the tender age of 1 year and 4 months. I miss you already, Stormy. Thank you for being there for me. I love you, Stormy. Rest in Peace, 'til we meet again.

Lend Me A Kitten

I will lend to you for a while
a kitten, God said.
For you to love while he lives,
and mourn after he's dead.

Maybe for twelve or fourteen years,
or maybe just two or three.
But will you, 'till I call him back,
take care of him for me?

He'll bring his charms to gladden you
and should his stay be brief,
you'll always have his memories
as solace for your grief.

I cannot promise he will stay,
since all from earth return.
But there are lessons you can give
I want this kitten to learn.

I've looked the whole world over
in search of teachers true,
And from the folk that crowds life's land
I have chosen you.

Now will you give him all your love,
nor think the labor vain?
Nor hate me when I come to take
my kitten home again?

And my heart replied,
"My Lord, Thy Will Be Done."
For all the joys this kitten brings,
the risk of grief I'll run.

We'll shelter him with tenderness,
we'll love him while we may.
And for the happiness that we've known,
forever grateful stay.

But should you call him back
much sooner than we planned,
We'll brave the bitter grief that comes,
and try to understand.

If by our love we've managed
your wishes to achieve,
in memory of his sweet, sweet love,
please help us while we grieve.

And when our cherished kitten
departs this world of strife,
Please send yet another needing soul
for us to love all his life.

Author Unknown

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Good Night, My Sweet "Stormy" - ttpurr4cat, Sun Dec 14 10:30:03 2008 image in post