return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Healthy Herp
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Lost Chessie

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: Chatanuga at Sat Aug 14 15:44:24 2010  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Chatanuga ]  

I know he's waiting for Casey and me at the bridge. When I was talking to him last, I told him that Casey and I would meet him up there when it was our time and that we'd always love him.

Casey's doing pretty well, although he's been much more clingy and vocal than usual since last weekend. Obviously, he's missing Chessie and feeling alone, even though I try to give him as much attention as I can when I'm home.

I'm doing better too. I was too upset to go into work on Monday and Tuesday, but was back by Wednesday. My team leader tried to get the two days marked off as bereavement for me since he has cats, the other team leader in our department breeds dogs, and our manager has dogs, and they all know what I'm going through. Unfortunately, company policy doesn't cover pets, and it was going to have to be marked as two days of paid time off. However, he felt it should be bereavement and told me to just mark off Monday as PTO and then gave me Tuesday as a "free day".

One thing that has helped me is going through my YouTube videos of Chessie and Casey (username on there is chatanugadotorg) and working on a memorial video for Chessie. Looking back over the time he was with me, I've reminded myself that aside from that last hour, he was always happy, active, and comfortable, never showing any signs of his heart issue. At MedVet, his doctor told me on one of the last visits there that normally a cat with his condition only lives months. Yet, Chessie lived over three years normally.

I also think that I was meant to adopt him. I believe that God knew he would have the heart issue and would need to find a home where he would be well cared for. The day he was put up for adoption was the day I went looking for a kitten. Our paths were meant to meet.
-----

Chessie and Casey Jones relaxing together.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  RE: Lost Chessie - ttpurr4cat, Sat Aug 14 09:25:50 2010