return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Polar Rodents - US based provider of frozen rats and mice.
pool banner - $50 year

HELP - Fighting Cats...

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: caramilk016 at Fri Sep 26 19:37:42 2003  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by caramilk016 ]  

Hi Everyone!

I need serious help. I have three cats, the oldest one midnight is 9 and spayed, then there's babycat, whos' not spayed and 4 1/2 years old, and finally, there's dutchie, who's also not spayed at 3 1/2. They are all females. I've had the youngest two cats, since they were kittens, so they've been together a very long time. Usually my cats, are well behaved, play well together, and even have a good relationship with my dog. They are all loveable wonderful cats. Last nite, for no apparent reason, a fight broke out, I'm not even sure between which cats... then things calmed down, and we fell back to sleep, next thing we know a cat is jumping on our heads, and another fight breaks out, cats are hissing, growling, spitting, scratching, fighting.... we stayed up for an hour to make sure things were alright... things calmed down... we woke up at 615 am, and things appeared back to normal, the cats were rubbing against each other, licking each other, back to normal... then 20 mins later, they started fighting again, they broke some pottery candle holders i had, and each took off for a seperate part of the room.

We left for work, and when we came home midnight the oldest, and babycat, the second oldest were their normals selves... but dutchie the baby was nowhere to be found. I found her under the bed, and she was still growling. When the other cats walk near the bed, she starts hissing and meowing really loud. So to calm her down, i closed the bedroom door, so the other two wouldn't go wandering in. Now the other two are hissing at each other a little bit, but are pretty much relaxed...and minding their own businesses...

But i'm worried now about tonite, when we go to bed... will we have another nite like last nite..

My point to this novel is simple.. what can I do to stop this from continuing? IF anyone has any ideas., please let me know.. I'm at my wits end here.

Cara

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: HELP - Fighting Cats... - PHMadameAlto, Fri Sep 26 21:49:29 2003