return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

Cat Problems - Crying

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: abothwell at Wed Oct 8 09:45:55 2003  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by abothwell ]  

I have a 5 year old muted long-hair calico that is an indoor/outdoor cat. Within the past 2 months, she has started to meow all the time (during the day, during the night, outside, inside - doesn't matter where she is). The meow turns into this horrible cry at times. Sometimes she even acts as if she is frightened but 5 minutes later shes not. If she is outside crying and I let her in, she crys to get back outside and vice versa. I have tried to give her as much attention as possible and when I hold her she does not cry but sometimes she doesn't want to be held...she will just sit about 10 feet away, stares at me and cries. Of course she shuts up when I feed her snacks but I don't want to award her behavior.

I do have another cat that is the same age and has grown up with her (a calico). They used to play wonderfully together. Now the Calico wants to play but the crying cat doesn't. The crying cat used to be the more dominant and now it seems as if the calico has taken over that role. I plan to take her to the vet but she doesn't seem to be in any pain and she is eating and sleeping fine. She has always been an unusally affectionate cat...more like a dog...begs for human food, begs for attention, has to be on your lap, etc. If we go away for a day, she gets an attitude and will go to the bathroom next to her clean litter box (but this has been normal for her since a kitten).

Some people say she is just spoiled...but why all the sudden would this new behavior problem occur? And how do I stop it...if I don't do something soon...my husband and my neighbors will force me to give her away. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Cat Problems - Crying - PHMadameAlto, Wed Oct 8 20:12:08 2003