return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Tinley Reflections: An open letter from Mom . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Layne Labs - Natural Diets for Pets & Wildlife
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Scaredy Cat - need your ideas

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: drfunz at Wed Nov 5 08:46:53 2003  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by drfunz ]  

Your kitty is hard to miss! A big long hair having a fun time on the carpet. I bet s/he is a purring machine and a hot water bottle. What a great smile!!

My Luna is coming home today. Her new human has been preparing the house, making sure there are no foreign objects like string or tape or twistie ties or advil tablets anywhere. The house has not been this clean in months. She has a few toys and some catnip. I already know from experience that cats like "home-made toys" like paper bags and towel paper rolls and usually find their own favorite spots to hang out. I have little nooks prepared for her - with an empty box here and there, a little bed (that she will probably ignore), a paper bag in a corner and a few towels tucked under an end table.

I also discovered that dollar stores and supermarkets are much less expensive than Petco or Pet Smart. I got a collar at Petco for $6.99 that was $4.99 in Stop and Shop! I will do comparison shopping from now on. I know that cat is in control of my heart, but she will not control my wallet, too.

I am hoping that she will let me show her the litter box before she runs and hides. If she is good, I can take her to the box and move her paws in it so she gets the message.

Soon there will be photos once she comes out of hiding and I figure out how to post up on this site.

Lisa

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  RE: Scaredy Cat - need your ideas - JaimeMarie, Tue Nov 4 11:44:39 2003 image in post