return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

Terror of Tiny Town!

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: CatMomma at Sat Jan 22 10:02:52 2005  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by CatMomma ]  

My name is Dorothy. I have a cat that is about a year and 1/2 old. He is pretty much an indoor cat. I found him when he was two months old and he was in very bad shape. Since day one he has slept with me almost every night. The longest I have gone away from him was for four days and this killed him. He is very attached to me, I must say I am very attached to him. He is pretty much my child after all. He comes when I call him, meets me at the door when I come home and sleeps with me every night. When I first got him I worked nights so I was able to take naps with him during the day. I would do work in bed and he would sleep on me.

There are a few issues I have:
He needs a lot of attention. I am not always there to give it to him since I work. And if I am working at home he can't stand it and walks all over my computer and meows and will sometimes bit or scratch me to get my attention. He also just wants to be in bed with me all the time. I need to know what to do. I need ideas on how to keep him entertained when I am not there and how to make him feel like I am not neglecting him. He is constantly will biting or scratching me.

Another problem that is accuring is how to travel with him and how to leave him at home. My boyfriend is in the airforce so we have a long distance relationship (Jack is also possesive of me and doesn't like my boyfriend thats the next issue) I am starting to travel more. Sometimes I have to leave him since it is only a weekend trip or it would be difficult to bring him. Also I need to know how to bring him when it is a long trip. I also will sometimes travel back to my parents. He loves being here since there are other cats and a bigger place to roam especially since I will let him outside here. The problem is the traveling it is an hour in the car, which usually I will let him out of his bag, he just sleeps in my lap any way. but I have to either take a plane or a hour boat ride since My parents live on an island. He has been doing very well I just want to make sure that I don't hurt him in any way.

Next is my boyfriend. Jack the Cat is very possesive of me. I am his and no one elses. My boyfriend sleeps in the bed with me and when we are together we spend a lot of time with each other since we only get to see each other once in awhile. Jack does not like this. If we are sitting on the couch he will scratch at the bottom, running up and down with his claws. (People have told me to declaw him since he will scratch everything, I don't believe in declawing) He won't come and sit with us and if I mention my boyfriends name is bits and scratches me. He also runs away from my boyfriend. I need some advice on this situation.

The net is that he wants to scratch and bit everything. He will chew on wires, this is something I hate since he could end up dying from it. He scratches up the furiture. and he loves to bit and scratch me. I used to use the water bottle but this would just make him more mad and he would come on me with full force!!! Claws out and teeth ready to go. Did I mention that his claws are massive! Like daggers! and his teeth are especailly sharp! He will listen to me half the time when I tell him to stop. Mostly he just wants me to follow him to the bed to cuddle. I can't do this all the time! I need help on how to stop him from scratching and bitting everything.

Next issues is mine, I think I am attached to him too!!! I feel like he is my child. It's hard to spend a night away from him. Epecailly since I feel as if I am neglecting him. How can I not feel this way? And how can I make my cat just a little happier so he won't be so crazy all the time? And how can Jack and my boyfriend at least get along?

Thank you so much! I hope I get some feedback!!!

Dorothy

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Terror of Tiny Town! - PHMadameAlto, Sat Jan 22 19:07:13 2005