return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Healthy Herp
pool banner - $50 year

My 2 kittens..one eats everything...the other won't leave the other kitten alone

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: russianblueliz at Sat Nov 12 11:34:12 2005  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by russianblueliz ]  

We recently got 2 kittens. The first kitten we got 3 weeks ago and he is currently 15 weeks old. Except for his eating habbits he is the best cat in the world. He has plenty to eat and drink, so I know he is not hungry. But since we got him 3 wks ago he has been hospitalized once and we have had to take him to the vet 4 times for things he has eaten. Anything he finds he will eat or drink. He was hospitalized for eating carpet fibers. He found a away to knock over the trash can, which has a lid, and eat the trash. He climed up the bookcase and started eating the potting soil, and today I was drinking a cup of Orange Juice and he stuck his head in and started lapping away. 2 min afterwards he started gaging and making funny noises. The vet says we have to be careful, but short of keeping him in a very little cage and never taking him out (because he did all those things while we were home and 2 ft away from him) I am not sure what I can do.

So we thought that maybe he was bored and we got him a little brother yesterday approx 10 wks. Now the problem is that the new cat wants NOTHING to do with us and only wants to play with the older cat. In fact this new cat doesn't even let us pick him up. The older cat doesn't want to play so much, and he often goes to places that the other little cat can't get to. This causes the little cat to run around frantically meowing loudly until the older cat comes out and plays. obviously the older cat has not stopped eating random things dispite the fact that he is not bored. What do I do? How can I get the other cat from eating everything he finds and the other cat to become more sociable towards people?

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: My 2 kittens..one eats everything...the other won't leave the other kitten alone - PHMadameAlto, Sat Nov 12 18:34:01 2005