return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - May 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - May 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Tucson Herpetological Society Meeting - May 27, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - June 01, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Grieving Cats

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: janome at Tue Dec 6 17:20:52 2005  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by janome ]  

aww! so sorry for your kitty that passed away. do you know why??? i can tell you about my cats. i recently lost my mokie. she was 22 years old and i had to have her put to sleep. i have 3 other cats an my sister has 2 cats so we have 5 other cats in the house. my cats did show some grief when it first happened, this was oct 28th i had her PTS. shadow would wonder around meowing. although they didn't really hang out together that much shadow and mokie would lay next to each other occasionally. she knows mokie is gone. i just gave her, and still do, extra attention an she seems fine now.
my other cat daisy has been grouchy and restless. she didn't hang out with mokie either but knows the routine in the home is different. smokey was on meds an i fed her anytime she wanted. daisy would wait to get a bite of smokey's food. no matter what time it was, day or night. so i'm very sure daisy misses those times. i was trying to get into a different routine with my cats but find i have to keep to the same routine as much as possible. so now instead of feeding mokie before bed i feed daisy a little snack to calm her down. she seems to be adjusting now.
its very hard and i know how you guys feel. BELIEVE ME. everyone says it take time. well for me time is nothing. you have to work through this process.
my thought go out to you and you kitties...Jean

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Grieving Cats - Sexsi, Tue Dec 6 21:34:23 2005

<< Previous Message:  Grieving Cats - Sexsi, Tue Dec 6 11:03:53 2005 image in post