return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

HELP! Cat attacks me in the face!

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: my3cats at Thu Jan 25 18:46:52 2007  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by my3cats ]  

I am truly desperate in finding an answer for my situation. I hope you can help me. My cat which is estimated by the vet to be nearly 5 years old now, came to our house as a stray at an estimated 8 mos. old. When I took him in to be neutered, we found that he already was. He is an indoor/outdoor cat. (He sleeps in at night and occasionally naps on my bed during the day.) Overall, he's very friendly and outgoing but is also independant and loves to be outside when the weather is fair. He loves rolling over on his back, sliding down the steps, coming out to meet us when we get come in the vehicle, and following us everywhere when outside. He purrs at one stroke and loves sleeping with us, "kneading" on us as if he was still nursing. It seems to make him more content and that's how he "makes his nest" before going to sleep. He is very well cared for and though we have 2 other cats, he seems to get the most attention. The others are older and tend to only want to sleep and eat. He has been ill towards the other two cats since he came here and chases them to no avail and actually attacks one of them if he can catch her and has hurt her on a couple of occasions. We literally have to keep the two of them seperate as much as we possibly can. Down to the real problem: This has happened since we took him in and it probably occurs about once every 2 mos., but too much none the less! I will pick him up and have him cradled in my arms. I'll be stroking him and rub his nose gently (which he loves). He will almost always be purring and nearly asleep, when BAM! He attacks my face viciously- usually reaching for my eyes! I have to pry his claws (which are stuck in my face!) off of me to keep him from tearing my face to shreds. It is not play! He is angry when he does this-ears laid back and all. It comes out of no where and suddenly, w/ little or no warning. And it always brings the blood. Usually I am not even looking right at him. He catches me off guard- like if I am reading or looking at the computer. Its as if he gets uncomfortable when one gets too close to his face, but you can't tell because most of the time he will be purring seconds before. Most of the time, when he is sleepy, you can do anything to him. He's very limp and will lay on my chest a lot, nustling his nose under my chin. I do not what is causing his horrible agressive behavior. I do not know what to do to stop it. I love him so much and it hurts my face and my feelings when he dives into his caring owner. Can someone please help me? Thanks!

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: HELP! Cat attacks me in the face! - kittyromeo, Thu Jan 25 20:34:07 2007
>> Next Message:  RE: HELP! Cat attacks me in the face! - PHKitkat, Thu Jan 25 22:32:24 2007