return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Healthy Herp
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Attitude problem?

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: Astilover at Tue Jun 12 08:09:45 2007  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Astilover ]  

Seems like he's getting your point. I adopted a part Maine Coon kitten last year and until he was about 10 months old he LOVED attacking anything in and around the tub, including the shower curtain liner. Since I usually replace my shower curtain liner every couple of months, it was not a big deal that he put holes in it, however, I didn't want the act to continue. If he became overly aggressive to attack and play, he got locked out of the bathroom. He still likes to "hide" between the lienr and urtain, but no longer attacks and bites hols in it.

Your kitty probably needs to release all his pent up energy being kenneled all day and sometimes we have to treat them like 2 year olds, take things away or put them where they can't be gotten into and corrective measures. I am sure he will calm down. My Maine Coon, Twinkles, is the best kitty of my 5 and is the most confident and loveable. Getting a seond one can help his play time, even out your ability to calm him at night and give another kitty a great home!

P.S. the scat mat works great fro all 5 of mine, including my Bengal, especially around the Xmas tree! Never had any problems with the tree.
Good Luck!

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  RE: Attitude problem? - chatanuga, Tue May 22 22:10:16 2007