return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

Moving with my cat

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: brookiepoo81 at Sun May 27 13:37:58 2007  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by brookiepoo81 ]  

My little princess Chloe is moving with us from Orlando to Denver, with a pit stop in Montana. (I know.. a little out of the way, but we're going to see family first before settling in Denver) The only trip she's ever made in the car was when I brought her home when she was 8 weeks old (and she was an absolute angel) and when she went to the vet for shots and to be spayed (again, not a peep). But I'm worried about taking her across the country. Although she was really good on these trips, they were short... I'm not sure how she's going to react on this long trip. My biggest concern is... my fiance and I are only taking my car which is a 2 door Honda Civic. We're packing all of our stuff we can fit in there, so it's going to be PACKED. Should I put Chloe in her carrier on the floor behind one seat and her litter behind the other? Or should I even bother leaving litter out? Also, would it be better to put her up on the seat rather than the floor? I've never traveled this far with an animal and I have no idea what to expect. Also, a friend of mine suggested getting tranquilizers from the vet... is this a good idea. The word tranquilizer just scares me... it makes me think of the park rangers shooting the big grizzly bear and makes me cringe when I think of my little princess being "tranquilized".. I know they don't do it the same way, but still. It seems a little harsh. Do I keep her in her carrier the entire time (besides pit stops) or would it be smart to let her roam around a little bit. and I'm worried about her needing to go to the bathroom... will she just hold it until we're at our hotel? Or will she go in her carrier if she REALLY has to go?
Anyway... any help anyone could give would be great!!
Thank you!

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Moving with my cat - PHKitkat, Mon May 28 00:21:13 2007