return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Layne Labs - Natural Diets for Pets & Wildlife
pool banner - $50 year

Aggressive/Bully Cat (LONG)

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: auntsteff at Sat Dec 15 02:45:04 2007  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by auntsteff ]  

I have 5 cats. All have been neutered/spayed. I have an ~13 y/o female calico (Angie), a 9 y/o male DSH (Cody), an 18 month old male tuxedo (Herman), his sister 18 month old medium hair tuxedo (Boots), and a 3 1/2 year old DSH (Darlin).

The tuxedo siblings came to our house last Christmas from the woods. A friend's husband found them while hunting last season. They were very shy at first (that's why one is named Herman, he lived under the couch for months). The male is MUCH more social now, but the female is less so, she wants attention on her terms, and not very often. Right before Thanksgiving this year, we took in my bother's cat (3 y/o DSH) because his youngest child has developed severe allergies to the cat. Except for the new cat, all of the cats are indoor/outdoor.

Anyway, Herman has started in the last few days to harass Boots (his sister). I work part-time and am home during the week, and I live with my mother who works full-time during the week and is home on weekends. There is almost always someone home with the cats. I have been awakened very early in the mornings this week when Herman will not leave Boots alone, causing a lot of hissing/chasing. Herman is extremely attached to me, and jealous of the other cats when I pay attention to them, but Boots hardly ever comes around for attention, so that is not the issue.

Because of their history of living in the woods, spray bottles have not worked with these 2 cats in the past. I have also tried shaking a Coke bottle with coins in it (no effect). This morning, my mother put Boots out before she left for work, but Boots was very upset when I got up and let her back in.

Since we have a large number of cats, separating them is difficult. Generally, Boots, Herman and Cody sleep in my room, Angie sleeps with my mother and Darlin sleeps on the guest bed.

Any ideas would be wonderful!

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Aggressive/Bully Cat (LONG) - PHKitkat, Mon Dec 17 23:44:59 2007