return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Layne Labs - Natural Diets for Pets & Wildlife
pool banner - $50 year

Driving me nuts!

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: Chatanuga at Tue Apr 29 09:06:44 2008  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Chatanuga ]  

My two cats are driving me nuts. They are almost constantly chasing each other around when they are awake and getting into everything.

In terms of chasing each other around, it's not necessarily one that will chase the other. Chessie will chase Casey, and then Casey will chase Chessie. When they get to running around, they will either run through or knock over anything that is in their way. If I am sitting on the couch eating dinner and watching TV, they will chase each other up onto the couch and run me over. If I am sitting in the bathroom, they will run in, knocking my legs and the book or magazine in my hands out of their way as they chase each other into the bathtub. This morning, they were chasing each other into the kitchen so fast that they were sliding across my linoleum and knocking things all over (chairs, food, water, etc.). I know that they are playing, but it is getting out of hand since they have broken some things with their rough housing.

Also, Casey has learned what Chessie used to do and has taken to getting up on my kitchen countertops. However, he's also taken to getting into the overhead cupboards, although that has lessened this past week. I am going to put childproof latches on the overhead cupboards like I did for the ones below the countertops at floor level. However, Casey will not stay off the countertops. I've tried my scat mat, but both cats know not to touch it. It's currently under my recliner to keep them from getting inside that and playing with the wiring. I've tried using the water bottle, cans of air, and scolding him. He'll just take off running and then get up when I have my back turned, even if I'm in the kitchen. As soon as I turn around, he'll jump down and take off running. If I'm in the living room and he hears me coming towards the kitchen, he'll jump down (I can hear him hit the floor) and act all innocent. Granted, Chessie was bad at getting up on the countertops when he was younger, and he's since pretty much stopped (at least that I've seen). However, Casey seems to be a bit more persistent.

Aren't cats supposed to slow/calm down after they reach 14 months of age or so?
-----

Chessie and Casey Jones relaxing together.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Driving me nuts! - PHKitkat, Fri May 2 18:25:55 2008