return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Cat doesn't want anything to do with me....so confused...

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: dragonTaTu at Mon Oct 23 02:19:05 2006  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by dragonTaTu ]  

I noticed that you posted way back in June, but I thought I would reply just the same. I am sure your cat has become YOUR cat again. I just wanted to share a couple of experiences with you. It is not unusual in the least for a cat to change it's attitude towards a person. I have had the pleasure of living with cats most of life, and have become very accustomed to their unique personalities and demeanors towards people. My wife, g/f at the time, and I had a wonderful kitten named Starr during her pregnancy of our first child (son). She was very affectionate, very loving, would even put her paws on my wife's stomach and feel the baby kick. lol. very cute. We actually named our second child (daughter) after her. I also had another cat, Shania (don't laugh, it was a teenage crush thing) that was MY cat. She was a total B!*@h to anyone but me. She would hit, scratch, and bite. With me, however, she sit to be pet, occasionally growling. I would just laugh at her, and she would get over it. She just knew I wasn't going to pushed around but a little cat. The growling was funny though. She was extremely alpha female of the house. Any other cat in the home knew to stay out of her way, no one ever challenged her. They would even stay as close to the wall and as far away from her when they walked past, even occasionally taking another route whenever possible. She absolutly hated my wife (and most everyone else too). However, when my wife was pregnant, Shania actually warmed up to her. Would even let my wife pet her, at least longer than anyone else before hitting with her paws/claws to signal that was enough affection for now. I found that to be a very significant change in her attitude, for the better in this case. Just wanted to share. Thanks

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  Cat doesn't want anything to do with me....so confused... - Lorelai, Wed Jun 29 07:32:39 2005