return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Polar Rodents - US based provider of frozen rats and mice.
pool banner - $50 year

RE: New Cats, New roomates, NO DOORS??!?!

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: MunchieScrunchie at Sat Aug 16 18:49:28 2003  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by MunchieScrunchie ]  

>>I recently moved into a new apartment with my 4 year old cat. My two new roomates moved in a week before with their 3 year old cat. Unfortunately my bedroom does not have a door yet and I can not keep my cat separate from the new cat all day. The new cat can open the door where she is kept during the day. They hiss and growl and the new cat wont let my cat out of the bedroom door. Any advice on how these two can become friends? My cat has never seen another cat before yesterday. I know my cat is upset about being in a new place and with new roomates, and I dont want this to stress her out. Is there anything I can do for her?

Is there any way to fashion a temporary door for your room out some screening material? That way your cat can stay in your room and the two cats can still see and smell each other without getting hurt. I think by now though, they have probably settled down somewhat. If a temporary door is not possible, maybe you can borrow a cage or crate from someone to keep you cat in for a little while. The cats just need to get used to each others scent and then I am sure they will calm down. You may want to get some feliway and try spraying that around the apartment. It helps calm them down. Also try some Rescue remedy in their food or water. It's a natural flower essence and also has a calming effect. Good luck.
-----
Dottie
Proudly owned by The Catnip Crew...Munchkin,Casey,Maddie,Harley,Meadow,Ashley,Nicky and Mushka

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  New Cats, New roomates, NO DOORS??!?! - illonka, Thu Aug 7 07:36:42 2003